Tower
The 1845 Ordnance Survey map shows a hamlet called Tower Village at the junction of the townlands of Coolflugh, Kilnamucky, and Cloghphilip in the civil parish of Matehy. By 1902, the Cork and Muskerry Light Railway branch line to Blarney had a station at Tower Bridge. This prompted development of a model village by O'Mahony builders along what is now the Model Village Road. There was further growth in the Celtic Tiger era, with the population growing by 116% between the censuses of 1991 and 2002. It grew more slowly thereafter, reaching 3,306 in 2011.
Originally located within the administrative area of Cork County Council, as part of the 2019 Cork boundary change, Tower (together with other "satellite towns" like Blarney and Glanmire) was brought within the administrative area of Cork City Council in mid-2019.

(Taken from Wikipedia)